Last Updated: 4/23/2018
Commitment to Your Privacy
Information Cintas Collects
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including when you use our Site, when you call or email us or communicate with us through our Site or social media. We also may obtain information about you (such as your contact information) from referrals provided by our business partners and other third parties.
The types of Personal Information we may obtain include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email or other electronic address, credit card number or other billing information.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on the Site.
- Information you provide in a resume, cover letter or other employment-related materials.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to read the content portions of the Site. However, when you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Site, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Site.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site.
Collectively, the above information is referred to as “Website Information”.
Cintas.ca is a general audience site and does not seek to gather personal information from or about persons under the age of thirteen. If your minor child has provided us with personal information, you may contact us for the purpose of asking we delete this information.
Use of Information
Cintas' primary goal in collecting Personal Information and other information on this Site is to provide the products and services you request, to give you an enjoyable and customized experience while using our Site and interactive online features, and to allow us to develop new services to better meet the needs of our users and customers.
We may use the Personal Information we obtain about you to:
- Provide services requested by users, communicate with users regarding usage of our services, and enhance the operation and experience of our Site.
- Place, bill, and ship orders, send requested electronic communications to subscribers, send print catalogs, and manage online accounts.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Site.
- Respond to your enquiries, questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Process and respond to your application for current and future job opportunities.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further marketing and promotional communications. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing and promotional communications from us, you may continue to receive certain transactional messages, such as order confirmations and factual information about your account.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We use Website Information in order to operate, maintain and manage the Site, to analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site in order to help us understand our Site activity and to monitor and improve our Site. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below.
Cookies and analytics
The cookies may be used to collect and process aggregate tracking information to determine which areas of our Site users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas. This helps us continue to build a better service for you and other Site users. The cookie will not be used to retrieve information from your computer that is unrelated to this Site or your interaction with it. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. If you wish, you may instruct your internet browser to prevent cookies from being used or to notify you before a cookie is placed. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use this Site. However, if you have cookies turned on, it enables us to more accurately customize your shopping on this Site. If you decide not to accept cookies from our Site, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Site.
We may also use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas that you visit on our Site in order to evaluate and improve the customer experience and the convenience of our Site, and to help us evaluate some of the specific information related to your Site visits. For more information, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”. If you don’t want Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on.
Sharing of Information
Cintas does not sell or share our email lists or Personal Information to third parties so that they can market you unless we obtain your consent to do so.
Service Providers: Cintas may transfer (or otherwise make available) your Personal Information to our affiliates, subsidiaries and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to authorize and process payments, deliver products, send email or other communications, conduct surveys, distribute our products, provide billing and collection services, or host our Site and operate certain of its features. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our affiliates, subsidiaries and other third party service providers in the US or other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. For additional information about the way in which our third-party service providers treat your personal information, contact us as set out below.
Legal/Compliance: Cintas may disclose your Personal Information or other information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary: (a) to comply with applicable Canadian, US or other law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government, or law enforcement request, or other valid legal process; (b) to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings; (c) to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Cintas or others; (d) to enforce the terms of any agreement with Cintas; (e) to operate Cintas' systems properly; (f) or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. Further use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information or other information by third parties once it has been disclosed by Cintas is not the responsibility of Cintas. Rather, such use and/or disclosure is governed by such parties’ privacy policies.
Sale of Business: We may transfer any Personal Information or other information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Cintas or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Accuracy and Security of Personal Information
To help protect your Personal Information in our custody or control from theft, unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, and to maintain its accuracy and integrity, we have implemented reasonable technical, physical and administrative security measures. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Although we have implemented reasonable safeguards, please note that no electronic transmission of information can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to your Personal Information in our custody and control, ask for your Personal Information to be updated or corrected, or ask us to remove your Personal Information from our records (subject to our legal obligations to retain such information) by contacting us at email@example.com or at the contact information set out below. All requests must include the following information: first name, last name, and email address. Cintas will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, but reserves the right to impose restrictions and requirements on such access requests, if allowed or required by applicable law.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
We ask for your email address for online purchases in order to communicate with you about your orders. We also may notify you via email of any specials, promotions, or discounts at Cintas, as well as information on the latest trends in uniforms. If you do not want to receive any marketing or promotional emails, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also always remove yourself from any Cintas marketing or promotional email list by clicking the unsubscribe link provided in each message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing and promotional communications from us, you may continue to receive certain transactional messages, such as order confirmations and factual information about your account.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt your credit card number and payment information. To check if your connection is secure, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser window. If you see an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser), the SSL is active.
Links to other websites
Our Site may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by Cintas and may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by Cintas, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
Chief Compliance Officer
6800 Cintas Boulevard
P.O. Box 625737
Cincinnati, Ohio 45262-5737